Sunday 12 August 2012

Competition


A new poem wandered into my mind, with gentle encouragement from Muse, it grew fairly quickly and I present it here.  The structure of a "count down" wasn't actually intended originally but I felt that it was good and I continued till it was complete.





Competition  -  12 Aug 12


Emptiness tried to claim me
Loneliness was already here
Between them
The melancholy choir
Was complete

Cobwebs on unused dreams
Did nothing but collect dust
And hide the light
From my eyes

Felt that all I saw
All I felt
Was all

Began to hear
New music

And then an Angel sang






Getting a feeling that this is the first poem of a pair ~ it this is the case, then part two will appear before too long, I hope.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this gave me shivers when i read it ~ soooo beautiful! absolutely stunning! i can't wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely comment dani ♥ thank you ~ the next poem is here now [see above]

      Delete