Thursday 26 April 2012

Return


This poem took a surprisingly long time to emerge fully, almost as though I had to live through the cold winds.  Whatever the reason for this slow growth, I now present it here.







Return  -  21, 22 & 26 Apr 12



Too long
Have I stayed away
The stars
Have moved on in their courses
Drawn
New pictures
Across the sky

New legends
Illustrated
In the imagination
Of the watchers

But now
The winds are changing
The old ways
Are gone
The weather says storms ahead
The winds of change
Blow cold

I have been called back
To take my place
To stand at the head
Of the watchers








Was it worth the wait?  You tell me...
I thank Muse [as usual] for the various prompts and thanks also go to a lovely fellow Blogger who accidentally presented a seed thought.



2 comments:

  1. WOW! stunning!!! i want more, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ for your lovely and really emphatic praise.
      Once again I feel that there is more to come in this story ~ we shall have to see what Muse and I can cook up ♥

      Delete