Friday 22 April 2011

Remember When...


The first four lines slipped into my mind yesterday but something prevented me from doing anything with them. This afternoon, in the gathering dark of a clouded sunset, the remaining words arrived.





Remember When... - 22 Apr 11

Remember when...
In the purple haze
Of a summer afternoon
We sat
And dreamed
Of our futures
Together

Remember when...
Words we shared
From distant worlds
Played in our
Now
With feelings that made
Our love complete

Remember when...
Yes, I remember
Even though it hasn't happened
Yet
Fluid time flows around us
Forming memories
For us to live





Remember...the future is always fluid and is for us to shape.
Thank you Muse, for reminding me.


2 comments:

  1. wow!

    "Yes, I remember
    Even though it hasn't happened
    Yet
    Fluid time flows around us
    Forming memories
    For us to live"

    this is exquisite! i love the idea of "forming memories for us to live"

    a really stunning poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ I am REALLY pleased that you like my poem ♥
    Thank you dani ♥ for your lovely comments ♥

    ReplyDelete