Tuesday 5 April 2011

Dream's Edge


This poem took twenty hours to come from the original acrostic inspiration to be fully formed.
If there is anyone out there who hasn't met the acrostic concept - the first letter of each line is from the title, in this case even the apostrophe counts as a letter, so that the poem continues the theme and meaning of the original line.
It has been a long time since my last acrostic but...





Dream's Edge - 05 Apr 11

Delving into the depths
Reaching for a hidden thought...
Enigmatic shadows
Awaken memories and dreams
Manifested around, through and
'tween the worlds of wake...
Sleep holds the higher hand

Elegant forms of spirits
Dance through my night
Giving secret forms to my memories and an
Edge where we can meet





When Muse asks me to write it sometimes takes a little while but usually I find that it is quite satisfying - I like this one...comments?


Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. this is lovely without considering that it's an acrostic ~ i didn't realize that the apostrophe also had to be a part. i truly love it all, but most especially ~

    "Delving into the depths
    Reaching for a hidden thought...
    Enigmatic shadows
    Awaken memories and dreams"

    stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not certain that an apostrophe HAS to be counted as a letter, just that I wanted it to be so, so that I could work with it in this poem.
    Thank you dani ♥ for your comments ♥ I am really pleased that you like Dream's Edge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done...I really like how well it flowed...especially like the look of the title on the edge...I see why you wanted to keep the apostrophe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Reggie for your great comments - I have to admit that I rather like the way that this poem turned out.

    ReplyDelete