Monday 6 September 2010

Dark and Light


In the very early hours of this morning, I was reading something online when one word triggered a train of thought, Muse placed her arm around my shoulder and told me to write.





Dark and Light - 06 Sep 10

Dark
Night kisses me
Gently
On my forehead
Then lays her lips
On mine
Her sweet breath
Flows through me
Her eyes
Piercing mine
Laying my thoughts
Open
For her to see

Light
Dawn caresses me
Gently
My Heart
Exposed
To her loving touch
Her hands exploring
Wherever she wants
Unable to resist
I close my eyes
Accepting her touch

Dark
Her sweetness
Envelops me
Holding me
Tenderly
I cannot resist her feel
Warm, inviting,
Intimate,
Loving

Light
Shared with her sister
Shared me
In the twilight hours
Of dawn
And sunset
Dark
And Light
Together
Kissed and loved
Never knowing
With whom I lay





This poem has a radically different feel to things I have created before, I have to admit to feeling rather satisfied with the end result and I wonder if this is the beginning of a new line of imagery.



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow....really fallen in love with this. It is the mixture of light and dark INTERWOVEN amongst each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. night kisses day
    in the most wonderful way
    shadows of each
    cling
    wrap
    envelope
    at the edges of each
    they meet
    and exchange hands
    upon the land
    where we live
    held in the wonder
    as night turns to day
    turns to night again
    as they come touch and play
    here on the physical realm

    ReplyDelete