Saturday 28 November 2009

Winters Night


Sitting and relaxing with the cat when this poem came through, triggered by hearing things [see the poem for details] and remembering...





Winters Night - 28 Nov 09

In darkness
Rain lashes against
The window
Wind thundering down
The chimney
Uninviting

Within the room
Warm firelight flickers
And makes the corners
Mysterious
Gentle music
Massages my ears
And my mind

My arms around you
We sit
And we watch
The firemares
Chase around the logs
Dancing in time
With the music

And we both
Are lost in the timeless
Drifts of our memories
Like the smoke
From leaves
In autumn bonfires





Gentle thoughts for a stormy night.

2 comments:

  1. Little ponies of the flame
    bring lovely images to mind.
    Sitting by the fire friend
    hand in hand
    across the web
    of life,
    thank you for sharing it with me :)
    warmed up already

    ReplyDelete
  2. June - your comments are always more than just comments, they are part of my poems...only I didn't actually write that part.
    Thank you for being YOU and being part of my life.

    ReplyDelete