Saturday 5 September 2009

Turning in the Night


Another short poem, posted just to prove that I'm still here - smiling as I type. I can remember this feeling strongly from two occasions, one in each direction and the music still plays in my mind.





Turning in the Night - 28 Feb 05

Turning in the night
Your eyes have watched me
Turning in the night
Your ears have listened

My song
Somewhere in your memory
Playing




The music and the memory are still strong, that strength can give them a means of return.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I use to lay and watch him sleep
    a smile of contentment across his face
    holding himself in the night
    muttering sounds to whom?

    I sit here now..25 years away
    and see it bright as day
    thanks for the memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how similar, in feel, our poems are June.

    Good to have your comments here ♥

    ReplyDelete