Thursday 3 September 2009

Entrapment


In amongst all the poems telling of the beauty and friendship of the Dawn comes this offering from the fairly early years giving a completely different image.





Entrapment - 10 Dec 85

And in the lamplights darkness
I watch
The starlight fade.
Dawn comes mocking at my door
In misty veil
Enfolded.
Pretending she is someone else
To trap me
With her guile.
But I will not be fooled
I know her real face
The coldness and the pain
She gives
Are real





I think she has forgiven me, this was written during a rather rough period in my life when I actually dreded the new day appearing. My life is way different now and I know that the feelings I wrote about were just a reflection of what I was going through.

Dawn is, and always has been, my beautiful friend.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment