Tuesday 29 September 2009

Snare


One of my poems that portrays a potential lover as a dangerous being. It happens occasionally but not that often, happily.





Snare - 06 Sep 02

Darling
She said
We were meant for each other

But I felt
My own truth
Lay somewhere else
Along a different path

She tried to ensnare me
In a web
Of her lies

But I knew
That my life
Was opening in a different way
From hers

She tried to hold me
In her claws
Bind me to her

But
My soul said this is not real
You can leave
So I went my own way

She said I love you
Please stay
I can give you...

But her voice
Faded away, lost on the breeze
Her talons blunted
On my midnight dreams

And then in freedom
I moved on
To drink the dew of a new dawn





A fairly old poem but it still has power.

No comments:

Post a Comment