Saturday 21 February 2015

Directions To You


This poem was birthed when the first two lines wandered into my mind.  I had no idea from whence they came nor where they would lead and was quite surprised to discover that it became a Love song.





Directions To You  -  16 Feb 15

Reaching down
I touch the sky
Within soft curves
Gentle waves
Caressing my mind
As I dream you

Reaching out
I touch you
Whisper soft welcoming
Our hands meet
In a playful dance
Through starlight halls

Reaching up
Beyond thought
Words wrapped in velvet
Presented with a silver kiss
Melting my Heart
And I touch you





I rather like surprise poems.


2 comments:

  1. and i rather love this... i love the way you started each verse with "Reaching" and the ending is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first two lines set the tone and it felt right to continue the "Reaching" theme.

      Happy you like the structure and the ending ~ thank you dani ♥

      Delete