Monday 6 October 2014

Walpurges Nacht


I kept seeing references to pumpkins and what was to be done with them at the end of this month.  Then thoughts of a Dennis Wheatley novel wandered through my mind and so this poem was birthed.





Walpurges  Nacht  -  02 Oct 14

For those who “play”
With Halloween
Be aware that
Sometimes
Just sometimes
It will come to bite you
Tear you from
Your places of comfort
Throw you into turmoil
All because you tempted
The fates
With play
And the fates
Like
To play





I know that Walpurges Nacht is May eve but the feelings I got were fully valid for this period too.

2 comments:

  1. ooooh! spooky! i don't think i'd want to "play" with the fates...

    i really like the poem though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dani ♥ I am really pleased that you like the poem ... and that you heed the warning :-)

      Delete