Monday 21 November 2011

Fading Dreams


I was watching some tracks on YouTube when a few words heard, or probably misheard, triggered some words of my own to start to come together in my mind. This is an antithesis of the usual love poems that have been appearing here, I just feel that my brain wanted to scribe something different.





Fading Dreams - 21 Nov 11

Fading dreams
A handful of petals
Crumbling now…
In my pocket the thorns
Remind me
Blood on my fingertips
I taste the salt

Dawn was not a release
Cloud smudged the sun
Night held on
To the thoughts
That birthed the
Dreams
Spewed them into the morning

Dreams are all I really had
Once shining bright
Now tattered, tarnished
Cast to rust
Across the ground
I rise into the cold
Followed by the fading dreams





I hasten to say here that this poem is in no way autobiographical and nothing should be read into these words except the random triggering that my Muse offers.

This is my offering for...
http://dversepoets.com/2011/11/22/open-link-night-week-19/

and...
http://poetryjaam.blogspot.com/2011/11/paradise-lost.html


Enhanced by Zemanta

14 comments:

  1. smiles...ah but surely there is a piece of you there somewhere...if nothing else than maybe the hope that even torn and tarnished dreams still cling to you when you rise...i like...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian - thank you for visiting and thanks too for your lovely comments, fragments of me can be found in everything I write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. smiles..think i have to watch more youtube videos...so funny how inspiration sometimes comes isn't it..i much like the image of dreams being spewed into the morning..and yes..think there are always fragments of ourselves in our poems..even if it's pure fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Claudia ♥ Thank you for your lovely comments - YouTube has on occasion been the source of inspiration for poems but my Muse has been my most powerful guide ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to love those misheard lyrics...you can "steal" them with impunity! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shay ♥ good to see you here - mishearing lyrics seems to be "my thing" I do it all too often ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. this took my breath away! every stanza is stunning! quite different for you but your talents are in full bloom, nonetheless. brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you dani ♥ different is sometimes called for to show that dynamic between aspects of the poems ♥
    So glad you like Fading Dreams ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from Poetry Jam: Dreams have a mind of their own sometimes, and sometimes they do indeed follow us when we arise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Mary ♥ thank you for visiting - sometimes the dreams hang around far longer than "reality" ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. .. apt description of a paradise lost!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Helen ♥ Hope we never have to experience that loss ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice write. Beautiful imagery.


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Melanie ♥ for your lovely comment ♥

    ReplyDelete