Thursday 28 January 2016

Muse Sings


This poem is essentially a reworking and sequel to a poem I wrote very many years ago.





Muse Sings  -  09 Jan 16

Soft sweet duet
The minstrel lays a melody
For the singer
Muse weaves words
Into poems and songs
Singer and Muse
Sing together
Hand in hand





I cannot recall the date of the original but, for completion, I include it here.

The Singer And The Muse

A broken melody
Charmèd forth by fingers
Idly touching
A key depressed

The singer and the Muse join hands
A hummingbird flies
A sweet song in a minor key
Brings tears to ancient eyes

And deep within a hidden valley
A fountain plays
Far from the sight and sign of man


This is one of the few poems of mine which has stuck in my memory.
I hope you enjoyed it as well as the post for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment