Wednesday 6 April 2011

Roses Are Read


A Fantasia on an original theme by Sir Edmund Spenser [1552 - 1599] from his "The Faerie Quene" [Book Three, Canto 6, Stanza 6] written in 1590.
This was also seen in various nursery rhymes and other things from 1784 to the present day.




Roses Are Read - 05 Apr 11

Roses are read
The words dripping
Like bloody tears
To velvet robes

Violets blew
In tousled waves
Across the ground
To rest upon the bank

Honey's sweet
Nectar changed in secret ways
So that the flavour reminds me
Of the time we spent together

And so...my thoughts
Remain with you in all my days
Through all the ways
Your magic has enwrapped me




This is my offering for One Stop Poetry...
http://onestoppoetry.com/2011/04/one-shot-poetry-wednesday-week-40.html
...I hope you like it - *smiling shyly*.


Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. VERY different for you, Ainsley, but i LOVE it! exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ that was the type of response I was hoping for - I'm so pleased you like it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!1
    There are so many variations to the Roses are .. theme. This is my favorite!!

    thanks for sharing with One Shot

    Moonie hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Leslie ♥ you honour me with your praise ♥
    Thank you for your lovely comments - I really appreciate them ♥

    It is a pleasure to share with One Shot ♥

    Dolphin hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha this is a wonderful play on the old rhyme...love it...and i love that magic as well...smiles. happy one shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Brian - lovely comments and I am pleased you like my offering ☺♥☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Ainsley...eloquent and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Reggie - lovely comment, glad you like my Roses...

    ReplyDelete