Friday 9 December 2011

She Waits / Night Prison


This poem didn't take too long to write but, I have to admit this, I have no idea where it came from. The words just seemed to tumble out onto the "page" and shaped themselves into two interlinked tracts, the four-line and five-line stanzas can be read as individual three-stanza poems or, as I have posted them here - a unified work. See what you think...





She Waits / Night Prison - 09 Dec 11

Nearly closed
The rusted iron gates
Wrapped with ivy
Pretend to defend

In veils of mist
She waits…
Her tender fingers beckon
Asking me
To touch

In a cloudless sky
Leafless trees ensnare the Moon
Hold her prisoner
Ransom demanded of the Sun

Tendrils of the night
Mist
Snags her gown
In cold and wet
She waits

Dawn so long away
Colours of imagining
No brush
To drag them ‘cross the sky

Ivy will take her tears
Gratitude for sadness
Feed upon the salty drops
Endlessly waiting
She invites me






I thank Muse for starting me off on a new voyage of discovery, always wondering where these will lead.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. i really don't know what to say ~ stunning seems so inadequate. individually and combined, i love these verses! each stanza better than the last! beautiful phrases throughout! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dani ♥ for your really lovely comments, now I don't know what to say apart from - Thank you dani ♥

    ReplyDelete