Tuesday 4 August 2009

Farewell to the Blind Man


This is the first poem in a rather slow-growing cycle I have called "Song of the Magpie", based loosely on the childhood rhyme. Too slow growing, I shall have to encourage it along and get it to grow.




Farewell to the Blind Man - 19 Apr 96

How?
How can I help you?
When you don't believe
In fairy tales

I have been with you,
Seen with you
The sights in this magical land
But your eyes are closed
And you refuse to look.
So though I can take you
I cannot make you
See what is there

In sorrow then
I must take my leave
And travel on alone.
I cannot give any more
If you cannot take
And we our separate ways
Must take

And the saddest thing
Is that you probably don't even see
My tears of sorrow
As we part




European Magpie Pica picaImage via Wikipedia

























This is one of the very few poems from me that contains some rhyming parts - very unusual, it should be treasured for that alone [stop grinning Ainsley].


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment