Wednesday 29 July 2009

Between Moon and Sun


I know that this is the wrong time of year to post this poem but this is a 'non-chronologic' blog and can be accessed at any time of the year - so, if you are reading at the appropriate time...Happy Winter Solstice.




Between Moon and Sun - 21 Dec 91

On a warm night
In December
I listen to the sea
Talking to the trees
In my garden.

I listen to the wind
She is singing
She is howling.
She is whispering.
She is telling me
Her secrets.

Full moon;
Though clouds hide her face
I know she is there
Watching

The wind and the moon
And the Darkling Sea
Sing the song of the Solstice
The enchantment of the growing Son

The Son of the Sun
The Oaken King
The one who is all
But without her
Who is naught




The poem was written at exactly the right time of the year and has even more power for me because of it - hope you get as much pleasure from reading as I did when writing.

My garden stands about a mile from the sea and when it has been stormy the constant roar from the waves on the rocks can be clearly heard, add that into the mix your imagination provides and you too can stand in the garden to listen...


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. following a rabbit hole I found your blog..
    I spent a week in Edinburgh looking up at Arthurs Seat, in the rain, in the dawn, at dusk
    it is most definitly an inspiring place.
    I love the way you say that you can hear the ocean, I would definitly stand out and listen :)
    your poetry made me go find an old one of mine
    peace


    Sleeping With the Wind

    The Wind crashes against my window
    Screams through the trees...
    Trying to be heard.
    I hear it.
    I respond by..
    Crawling under my duvet..
    To think..to feel..to see..
    To drift..to dream..
    To do:
    All the things I long to do
    But sometimes are afraid to try!

    June O'Reilly 06/03/98 12:12am

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am only just going through this blog to check for comments, I should do it more often.

    Your poems are lovely - thank you for sharing them here.

    Ainsley

    ReplyDelete